Monday, January 10, 2011

Fight Club

When I was in college, I watched the movie Fight Club for the first time.  One of my friends told me that I was Jack or the narrator and he was Tyler Durden.  Which is kind of sad because in a lot of ways I was just like the narrator.  I was shy and weak.  I was in a dead end job.  I had no passion.  No real life.  The reason that I liked this particular friend was that he was everything that I wanted to be.  He was rude and decisive.  He was larger than life.

Just like the movie, I had to overcome him.  I had to dig deep into myself and find that inner strength to be myself.  I think that pickup is that last stage that started so many years ago in college.  I have been on a constant movement towards being my best self. My true self.

No comments:

Post a Comment