Thursday, January 20, 2011

Banter Lines

I’m jealous. If I looked like you, I’d have a new girlfriend every day.”

What did you ever do to deserve to be that handsome? Nobody deserves that.”

You must have been good in a previous life to get that face…and I must have been bad.”

No way you’re forty-three.” Then, add, Wow! You’re ancient,” which, in context, is a roundabout compliment. Shake your head: “You’re a medical miracle.”

You must have a picture in your attic that ages while you stay young.”

Or, “You must have sold your soul to the Devil. What’s it like having to do his bidding?”

Say, “You must be taking a human growth hormone or sheep’s glands or something.”

See?! Just the fact that you would say that shows what good judgment you have!”

I don’t know why, but being around you always puts me in a good mood.” (The “I don’t know why” makes
the compliment seem unintentional.)

Or, “Being around you always seems to take the edge off my bad mood.”

When I see you, I somehow just know I’m going to be enjoying myself.

You have a lot of animal magnetism.”

No comments:

Post a Comment