Monday, January 17, 2011

Affected your confidence

List some of the factors in your life – including past events, people and situations – which have affected your confidence. In what way did they affect you? Now, without making any judgements, consider how your attitudes and beliefs, fantasies, communication style and actions have created your life. Write down anything that seems relevant. 
In the past, I have had some destructive friends. I thought that I was just like them in many ways. I was supporting them so then I would not have to deal with my own problems. Hopefully by solving their problems I would solve my own. It most definitely was a fantasy.

Bosses and authority figures really shake my confidence. I don't want to seem weak and ill prepared. I don't want to have an opinion that differs from them. I hate to rock the boat. I usually conform rather than rebel. There is security in following. I don't follow a life script that is my own. I make myself aggravated. Even though a lot of times I believe in the goodness of the rules and practices.

An event would be right after graduation where I didn't know what I wanted to do. There was just so many possible directions that I could have taken. I had some fantasies that one day that I would wake up and my new exciting life would just fall into my lap. Every day that it didn't happen; it made me fall a little more into a depression. I got out of it by being goal oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment