Monday, December 27, 2010

Sending a Message on a Social Networking Site

I was reading an article that talked about sending a message on a social networking site.  I am sure you have had a similar experience where you are so happy to see a message in your inbox and the only words are in the subject heading.  "Hey" or "sup." This person wants you for friendship, sex, or a relationship but they did not bother to tell you which.  Then, I have no idea what to write back.  I hate to be the one to sustain a conversation that I did not start.

When messaging someone on a social networking site, it’s important to actually… well, write a message. This isn’t rocket science, folks! If you’re just trying to get someone’s attention,  most men will prefer an actual message.

I think that the problem is that sometimes I would really like to write a message but there is no information on the profile that would allow me to send a message.  "hey, nice shirtless pic. you seem nice."  Sometimes, it is best to send an opener/roleplay question.


Hey, I was just downtown yesterday and I saw these two guys getting in a fight over this girl.  (between you and me the girl must have been cold in that skimpy outfit).  One of the guys looked just like you.  It was a good punch if it was you or your handsome doppelganger. Anyways I am going to put you on speed dial if I ever need someone to fight for me.

It gives them something to respond to and it also is playful.

No comments:

Post a Comment